The roles and responsibilities of the Ministry of Housing are defined by the Grand Ducal Decree on the formation of ministries.
The Ministry coordinates and implements the general housing policy:
- Sectoral housing plan
- Housing pact
- Legislation on rental lease
- Construction of social housing projects – Brick aid
- Fonds du Logements
- Fonds d’assainissement de la Cité Syrdall
- Société nationale des habitations à bon marché (SNHBM)
- Social affairs
- Responsibilities for housing at national and municipal level
Similarly, the Ministry puts in place and manages a series of individual housing allowances intended to make it easier for the population to gain access to housing.
The Ministry of Housing created the Housing Observatory in 2003 so as to provide help with the planning of an effective and consistent housing policy.
The situations vacant in the Ministry are posted online on the govjobs portal.
The Ministry’s public contracts are posted on the public contracts portal.